Sage 500 ERP 2013 Now Available!
Sage 500 ERP 2013, the newest version of Sage 500 ERP, has been released by Sage for download. Talk to your Sage reseller about upgrading, or visit our complete What’s New in Sage 500 ERP 2013 page for a full breakdown of new features.
In the recent Sage rebrand, the numbering system for versions of the product was changed to years instead of the 7.3, 7.4, etc. system. Now we have Sage 500 ERP 2013, which comes with ways for users to increase productivity, simplify processes, and reduce costs.
Sage highlighted these features in a recent Sage email:
- Increase productivity in accounting and finance with the import of pending cash receipts. Simplify reconciliations and period-end closing with the ability to track miscellaneous cash receipts within Accounts Receivable, and the option to lock down postings to subledgers individually as needed or by company.
- Process credit cards faster and easier with improved security using the Sage Exchange Vault to store credit card information and additional payment entry options.
- Simplify processes by customizing Sage 500 ERP 2013 with easier and more powerful tools, such as a syntax checker for custom scripts, additional controls, and even custom tabs to accommodate additional fields.
- Reduce costly downtime and increase productivity using new Visual Process Flows (pictured above) to simplify complex tasks. On document transmittals, add multiple email recipients, leverage keyword replacements, and simplify transaction processing with consistent posting routines across all modules.
- Simplify processes in Manufacturing with the introduction of non-inventory items to routings and bills of material, the ability to backflush setup hours, and a new option to delete or cancel a work order.
- Reduce costly man-hours and simplify costing changes with the new global pricing changes, and increase productivity with the ability to copy an existing sales order or quote to a new customer.