This year’s Sage Summit has been announced!
The annual trade show event will take place this year at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA from July 27-30, 2015. As before, this Summit will bring Sage business partners and customers together for information sessions, networking, and sharing ideas. Previous Summits have been held in Washington, D.C., Nashville, TN, and Denver, CO.
As a Gold Development Partner for Sage, we love attending to share our latest solutions and get face time with customers and new companies!
Last year in Las Vegas, we partnered with ROI Consulting, Simplicity Consulting, and Clearnine to exhibit IN-SYNCH Web-Stor solutions (IN-SYNCH Web-Stor Connect and IN-SYNCH Web-Stor 100). We had a great time talking with so many Sage 100 business partners and users about website integration solutions.
Here are some of the highlights from Kissinger’s experience at Sage Summit 2014:
- We gave away a drone quadcopter!
- We held a roundtable discussion
- Our booth boasted 100 years of sage integration experience
- We made a video for Web-Stor solutions
Sage Summit 2015 promises to build on the strong foundation of previous Summits to offer more informative sessions on topics that go way beyond software (tips for growing your business, lessons learned from startups, and much more). Plus, attendees will get more opportunities to interact with subject matter experts on all things Sage.
You can keep an eye on the Sage Summit website for updates as the date draws closer.
Sage recently updated the Sage Mobile Sales app with new features and compatibility with Windows Surface Pro tablets and touchscreen PCs or laptops, in addition to iPads and the iPad Mini.* The new version is available in the Apple and Microsoft app stores.
Sage Mobile Sales is a Sage Mobile Solution that empowers sales reps and managers with the ability to take orders, collect payments, and enter them directly into the ERP anytime and anywhere through a mobile device.
The updates to the solution include:
- 24-month item purchase history so sales reps can see data on the items their customers purchase
- Access controls for sales management so they can focus their sales reps on assigned customers
- Improved workflows for clearer navigation and information access
*The solution is compatible with Apple iOS Version 7 and 8 devices, including iPad 2 and later, iPad Mini (1 or later), and Windows 8.1 Pro devices including Windows Surface Pro tablets and laptops with touchscreens.
Point of sale solutions aren’t just for companies with physical stores or mobile sales staff. It’s becoming more and more convenient for companies to enter orders with solutions like FusionPOS when orders come in from:
- Trade shows/conventions
- Customer service
- Service delivery trucks
That’s why we’re holding a FusionPOS webinar. FusionPOS boasts a modern, flexible interface and integrates with Sage 100 ERP to eliminate duplicate order entry.
We encourage you to join us for the FusionPOS webinar to see more:
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
2pm – 3pm ET
Kissinger enhancements (ACH Direct, AIA Job Cost Billing, Certified Payroll, EDI Advantage, and Union Automation) are compliant with Sage’s 2014 Interim Release Download (IRD) and 2015 First Quarter Tax Table Update (TTU). No compliance fixes are necessary. You can install the 2014 IRD and 2015 Q1 TTU on your Sage 100 ERP system without needing to install or reinstall Kissinger enhancements.
Check out our recent blog post for more info on the IRD and TTU, including which Sage 100 versions are compatible.
NOTE: If you have any customizations to your Sage 100 system, the 2014 IRD could affect these modifications. Contact the developers of any system modifications for more information.
If you ever need to download and install a Kissinger enhancement solution for any reason, you can log into the Customer Portal or Business Partner Portal. You’ll find the download for your solution(s) in the Licensed Software Downloads section. Contact Kissinger if you need access to either the Customer or Business Partner Portal.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
As 2014 closes, we want to wish our customers and business partners happy holidays, and thank them for the opportunity to serve them. We have great customers! We appreciate the trust they place in us, and hope to strengthen that relationship even more in 2015.
Here’s something just for fun: If you’re gearing up for holiday cheer, check out this breakfast recipe. It’s one of our family’s favorites for Christmas morning, and will keep you and yours out of the kitchen, and able to spend more time with family and friends. If you try it, let us know what you think!
PLEASE NOTE: We’ll be closed on Thursday, December 25 and Friday, December 26. If you have a technical support request when we are closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team reviews support request emails at 9:00am ET and 1:00pm ET on holidays to ensure emergency issues receive an immediate response. We’ll respond to emails sent after 1:00pm and all non-emergencies on December 29.
On behalf of the team at Kissinger, I hope you enjoy a wonderful holiday season, and best of wishes for a prosperous 2015!
NOTE: If you are in charge of closing Sage 100 ERP for 2014, please be sure to review this post!
Sage will release the Sage 100 ERP 2015-Q1 Tax Table Update (TTU) and the 2014 Interim Release Download (IRD) next week (Dec 22 – 26).
These two updates from Sage affect users of the Accounts Payable and Payroll modules. The TTU contains important federal and state tax table changes, while the IRD updates your system to meet 2014 requirements for e-filing and reporting.
Year-end closing can be a hectic time for users of an accounting or ERP system. A successful year-end requires planning so you can produce accurate reports and prepare for the new fiscal year.
The most important items to understand are:
- The overall closing process and order of closing – click here
- How to close and balance the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger modules – click here
- How to close the Payroll module – click here
- What reports to print – click here
- How to print/eFile W2 forms – click here
- How to use the copy company utilities
- How to close subsidiary modules
Here are some tips and reminders from us before you delve into Sage’s resources:
The ultimate inventory management challenge is having enough stock to be prepared for demand, while avoiding the costs associated with stock overages.
If you’re looking for help finding that balance, we’re holding a Sage Inventory Advisor webinar on Thursday, December 4, 2014 from 1pm – 2pm ET.
Sage Inventory Advisor is an inventory dashboard that helps companies manage inventory effectively:
- Accurately forecast inventory
- Leverage the power of sales, purchasing, and supply chain data
- Improve profitability with visibility into critical KPI’s and financials
It’s accessible on mobile devices and connects to the most popular Sage ERP systems, including Sage 100, Sage 300, Sage 500, and Sage X3.
Here’s the agenda for the webinar:
- Intro to Sage Inventory Advisor
- Compare Sage Inventory Advisor to Sage ERP
- Demo (30 minutes)
- Info on pricing, users, installation, etc.
You can sign up for this webinar here:
Thursday, December 4, 2014
1pm – 2pm ET
Here’s the latest on the compatibility of Kissinger enhancement products with the following Sage 100 ERP Product Updates, released on October 27, 2014:
- Sage 100 ERP 2014 Product Update 4 (184.108.40.206)
- Sage 100 ERP 2013 Product Update 8 (5.00.8.0)
Before installing Sage Product Updates, you should check the compatibility of any customizations you have, and all your third-party software, including your Kissinger Enhancements (lists below). If you need a compliance fix for our software, you can obtain it by logging into the Customer Portal or Business Partner Portal, and then clicking on the enhancements that need the fix.
- ACH Direct 5.10 – Good to go!
- AIA Job Cost Billing 5.10 – Compliance Fix Required
- Certified Payroll 5.10 – Compliance Fix Required
- EDI Advantage 5.10 – Good to go!
- Union Automation 5.10 – Compliance Fix Required
Compatibility with Sage 100 ERP 2013 Product Update 8:
- ACH Direct 5.00 – Good to go!
- AIA Job Cost Billing 5.00 – Compliance Fix Required
- Certified Payroll 5.00 – Compliance Fix Required
- EDI Advantage 5.00 – Compliance Fix Required
- Union Automation 5.00 – Compliance Fix Required
Please note that when a compliance fix is required, the Kissinger enhancement software compliance fix should be installed after installing the Sage 100 Product Update.
Sage Product Update Tips
Review the Read Me files and Release Notes
You’ll find these located in the Sage Customer Portal. These files list all the enhancements and corrections included in the Sage product update, as well as friendly reminders.
Make a back up!
Don’t lose that data.
Are You Using Sage 100 ERP 2014 Yet?
You can get more information on the latest version of Sage 100 ERP by contacting Kissinger.
Inventory is often one of the largest expenses for companies, so managing inventory well is absolutely crucial. Effective inventory management, sometimes called inventory control, means knowing what your company has in stock, where that stock is located, and how well orders are being filled.
That’s why managers often look at ways to improve their processes and practices. We wrote about inventory management last month as one of the places companies should look to improve efficiency:
“Monitoring inventory levels, along with proper forecasting, reduces excess inventory and increases inventory turns, which leads to lower working capital and frees up cash tied into inventory. Anything your company can do to reduce the time spent on manual monitoring and forecasting tasks involved in these processes is a project worth pursuing.”
Where to Improve?
Now let’s go beyond efficiency—what are some projects your company could start today to improve inventory management?
- Organize the warehouse to allow efficiencies in manufacturing, picking, and shipping.
- Implement cycle counts for items that seem to have issues, like those with a quantity on the shelf different from the quantity in the tracking system, or items that are chronically unavailable and delay shipping.
- Analyze your inventory count. Why you are short on items? Why do you have an excess? Why do there seem to be large variances for certain items?
- Break items into categories based on how well they move (ex. number of orders, total quantity sold, total dollars sold). Next, use those categories to improve your ordering process.
- Review item stock levels and sales history so you can compare previous performance with projections and prepare for future orders.
- Replace manual tracking with technology. Rather than physically looking for items or checking a workstation, employees can utilize smart phones or scanners to locate, track, and analyze inventory.
- Use an inventory dashboard to get an almost real-time view of your inventory and allow projections based on past sales.
Due to the size of inventory in a company’s expenses, successfully completing any of these projects could have a large impact your company’s inventory management, and boost revenue and productivity.
Take the monthly challenge
Pick one of the projects listed and start a project assessment. How long would this project take? How much benefit could it bring to the company? Aim for a starting point no later than December 31st.
Upcoming Webinar: Sage Inventory Advisor
Wednesday, December 4, 2014 from 1pm – 2pm ET
For Sage ERP customers (50, 100, 300, X3), Sage offers Inventory Advisor, a web-based dashboard that provides visibility to critical KPI’s and financials such as stock holding, stock outs, potential stock outs, and excess stock and surplus orders. You can sign up for this webinar here, or learn more about the solution on our website.
Need a hand?
Contact me if you’d like to talk about inventory management in your company. I’d be glad to help.